USNTDP - 2v2 Continuous
F1, F2 start drill with 2v2 line rush attack on D1, D2
At zone entry F3, F4 and 2 new D move into DZ position, (play 4v2 if desired)
Play 2v2 or 4v2 on D1, D2 until either:
Goal scored, and Coach dumps new puck for D retrieval and F3, F4 BO
D gain puck control and BO to F3, F4 with zone exit, 2v2 rush against D3, D4 the other way
D Choose Your Gap 1v0
D1 breakout pass to stationary F1 on sidewall
F1 rush 1v0 with D2 from other end
D MUST skate up, close gap and choose a cone
Push yourself to cone #3, transition to play 1v0 with good angling and stick on puck
Mancini 2v0 Small Area Game
RED v WHITE compete for prize
Continuous play, two players swap out with a puck transition from DZC to OZP
- Quad Passing
- Cross-Ice Passing
- Long & Short NZ Rush Passing w/Shot on net
- Wide Figure 8's w/Shot on Net
- F1 loop low support, receive pass from F2
- F2 Post Up at blue line, D2D NZ pass, F1 high support
- D2 pass to F2 (puck inside OBL) and chip pass to F1 driving through the dot
- F1 shot from slot, drive for rebound
- F2 look for rebound, then becomes the new F1
- Drill is continuous, both sides with two groups, stagger shots
- CRISP PASSING, COMMUNICATE, GOOD NET HABITS
REGROUP 3v3 +1 - Team USA
- Each Team has 3F and 1D behind the goal line. Work on puck support, angling, communication, puck movement.
- Change of possession, must use your D below goal line, regroup and fill all lanes for breakout support.
- F1 forecheck, F2 and F3 always cycling. Use good angling to force play, remember stick on puck.
- Use offensive attack triangles, move feet to open space and move puck quickly. Communicate!
- Change on whistle. Games are played to add compete level.
Goalie Reaction Drill
- Perform at center ice zone.
- Use different pucks, tennis balls, etc.